Giant Marshmallow Man – level 1
There is a new “Ghostbusters” movie. People promote it at a station in London. A model of a character from the film is there.
It is the Marshmallow Man. He is 2.9 metres high and 2.8 metres wide. He breaks through the floor. People take pictures of him. Some people are just shocked.
Difficult words: promote (make something more popular), character (a person/a thing from a film), marshmallow (a soft and white type of candy).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.