Giant Marshmallow Man – level 2
A giant marshmallow is bursting its way through the floor of a London station. There is also green slime hanging from the ceiling. All of this is to promote the new Ghostbusters movie.
Some people got a picture of the Marshmallow Man, some took pictures with him, and some were just a little too shocked.
The Marshmallow Man is 2.9 metres high and 2.8 metres wide.
Difficult words: burst (break open), slime (a thick and slippery liquid, something a little like mud), promote (advertise, make more popular).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.