Giant supermoon – level 2
A giant “supermoon” lit up the world recently. The event was the most dramatic one of the year.
A supermoon happens when it is a full moon or new moon, and the moon is also closest to the earth. The moon then looks bigger. The moon gets closer to the earth from time to time. The moon may sometimes look bigger, but it is not a supermoon. There can be only one supermoon per year.
You could watch the supermoon from any place on the planet.
Difficult words: light up (to let light on something), full moon (when you can see the whole moon), new moon (when you can see a very small part of the moon).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Did you watch the supermoon?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos