Girl Donates Organs – level 1
This news is about a girl. She is from England. She wants to be an organ donor. If she dies, her organs are donated to people who need them.
She is healthy. She suddenly dies. Her parents are in a difficult situation. They do not want to donate her organs. However, they respect her wishes. They donate her organs in the end.
The girl’s organs help eight people. Five of them are children. A part of her liver goes to a boy. He is just five years old. He lives because of the girl’s donation.
Difficult words: donor (a person who donates – gives something), suddenly (quickly and without warning), liver (an organ in the belly).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos