Girl Donates Organs – level 2
Back in 2012, a 13-year-old girl from England decided to become an organ donor in case of her death. She was perfectly healthy, but she suddenly died just weeks after her decision.
It was very hard for her parents to respect her wish. The thought of donating their little girl’s organs made them feel ill. However, they did respect her decision.
Her organs (the heart, pancreas, lungs, kidneys, small bowel and liver) were donated to a record eight people. Five children were among them. A five-year-old boy received part of her liver, and he lives because of her brave decision.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.