Girl Donates Organs – level 3
Thirteen-year-old Jemima Layzell from England decided to become an organ donor in case of her death. She told her mother, not ever thinking it was going to happen.
In 2012, only weeks later after her decision, Jemima suddenly died from a brain aneurysm. Respecting their daughter’s wish was very difficult for her parents. They admitted the thought of donating Jemima’s organs made them feel quite ill, calling the donation ‘incredibly invasive’. Despite their reluctance, they respected her wish.
Her organs (the heart, pancreas, lungs, kidneys, small bowel and liver) were donated to a record eight people, including five children. A five-year-old boy received part of Jemima’s liver, which saved his life. His mother plans to meet the brave girl’s parents to thank them in person.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.