Goat in a Police Car – level 2
A police officer in Georgia, US, experienced something very unusual. She got out of her car, and she visited some houses nearby. When she returned to her car, she saw a goat inside.
The goat was in front of the car, and it was eating some papers. The officer tried to get the goat out of the car. She moved back and forth, and she tried to rescue some of the papers. The goat did not move, and it even knocked the officer to the ground.
The officer explained that she usually leaves the car door open because sometimes she has to run away from aggressive dogs. However, nobody got hurt, and the officer and her colleagues said that the incident was funny.
Difficult words: back and forth (to and from a place many times), colleague (the person who you work with), incident (something that happens), aggressive (violent or scary).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos