Goldfish beauty contest – level 2
A beauty contest took place in China. It only wasn’t about beautiful people, but it was about beautiful goldfish. Around 10,000 goldfish competed for the title of Miss Goldfish.
There were 16 different categories, and the judges graded the fish in five aspects – features, colour, figure, swimming and general impression.
People often export goldfish from this region of China to Japan, Singapore and other countries around the world.
Difficult words: grade (to say what level of quality something has), feature (parts of something), general impression (how something makes you feel).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you have a goldfish? :-)
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.