Gorilla saves her little sister – level 1
This happens in a zoo. The zoo is in Israel. A gorilla has an accident. She falls into a moat. She cannot get back. She is small. She is three years old.
The gorilla’s big sister sees this. She wants to help. She gets down into the moat. The little sister gets on her back.
The big gorilla tries to climb up the moat wall. She is not successful, but she finds another way. This way is better. Both gorillas are fine.
Difficult words: moat (a space in the ground with water in it for protection), climb (to move), successful (when you are successful, you finish something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos