Gorilla saves her little sister – level 2
A three-year-old gorilla fell into a five-metre moat in a zoo in Israel, but her older sister came to the rescue.
The big sister got down into the moat and let her sibling climb on her back. The big sister tried to climb up the moat wall, but there was a power cable. She got scared and fell down.
The pair later successfully climbed up the other side of the moat.
Difficult words: moat (a deep, wide space with water in it to protect an area), rescue (to help), climb (to move up).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos