Graffiti in Subway – level 2
Banksy is a world-known British street artist and political activist; however, nobody knows his real name. Banksy started to be active in the 1990s, and in his work, he often comments on political and social problems.
Last week, he sprayed graffiti in a London subway. He wanted to support people during the coronavirus pandemic, and to remind them that they must wear masks in public transport. However, a cleaning crew cleaned Banksy’s work before he posted it on his Instagram account.
In London, people must wear masks when they use public transport. Officials said that they welcomed Banksy’s support. However, they will find a more suitable place where he can do his work.
Difficult words: activist (a person who works hard to make some changes, usually political or social), comment (to say what you think about something), support (to help).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos