Granny Graduates – level 2
Peggy was born in England in 1931 and left school at 15 with no formal education. She thought that she would never get a degree.
During her life, she faced problems like WW2 and a serious kidney infection, which nearly killed her. Amazingly, she bounced back and completed an educational doctorate.
At the age of 86, she is the oldest graduate from the University of Bristol. Dr Peggy is proof that it is never too late to make your dreams reality.
Difficult words: degree (a document which you get after you finish university), bounce back (get better after a problem), graduate (a person who completed a course of study).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos