Granny tries skydiving – level 2
An 81-year-old Chinese woman wanted to see her son, so she flew to Australia to visit him. It was her first journey on a plane.
In Australia, she discovered skydiving lessons on an offer for tourists. The granny told her son that she wanted to do skydiving. After a week of training and passing all the health checks, the brave old woman skydived. She said that it was amazing and wonderful.
The grandma is a fun-loving person. She says that old age won’t stop her from pursuing her dreams.
Difficult words: on an offer (available), health check (when the doctor has a look at you to see if you have good or bad health), to pursue one’s dream (to try to make your wishes or hopes come true).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you feel older or younger than you really are?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.