Greenpeace RESISTS Trump – level 2
President Trump delayed environmental rules and restarted pipeline projects. The organisation Greenpeace does not like that, and it put a banner just blocks from the White House.
The banner is 21 by 11 metres and reads “RESIST”. It hangs from an 82-metre crane.
Greenpeace says that it is calling for people who want to stand against Trump.
Difficult words: delay (decide to do something later), environmental rules (laws which protect the planet), call for (ask for help).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.