Group of Chinese in Moscow – level 2
Russian customs arrested thirty-four Chinese citizens at a Moscow Airport. The customs thought that they had drugs on them.
Earlier, Russian media said that the Chinese had 230 kilograms of drugs. However, the Chinese citizens were not transporting drugs, but a special substance which is used in making tofu.
The Russian customs tested the substance to make sure that it wasn’t a drug. Then the customs released all 34 of the passengers.
Difficult words: customs (the place where your bags are checked when you go into a country), citizen (somebody who legally belongs to a country), substance (thing, material).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.