Hailstorm in Italy – level 1
This news is about weather. The weather in Italy changes. It changes very quickly. It causes a hailstorm.
Hailstones fall from the sky. They are five centimetres big. They are as big as ping-pong balls.
The hailstones hit windows. The windows break. They hit some people and animals, too.
Someone films the situation. A person films one video at sea. This person films close to Naples.
Difficult words: cause (to make), hailstorm (when the weather is really bad and hailstones fall from the sky), hailstone (a piece of ice; frozen rain).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this weather?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.