Harry and Meghan Leave the Royal Family – level 1
Prince Harry and his wife Meghan decide to stop their activity in the Royal Family. They say that they want to start working. However, they plan to work with Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles, and other people.
Harry and Meghan want to divide their time between the United Kingdom and North America. They want to start new projects. They want to focus on charity.
They also say that they need more space. The British tabloids write a lot about Meghan. The couple is not happy about it. Harry remembers the situation with his mother, Princess Diana, and the tabloids. She dies because journalists follow her everywhere.
The Royal Family says that they understand why Harry and Meghan want to change their lives. They must discuss everything. They must solve this difficult situation.
Difficult words: divide (to separate), charity (the activity to help people who need money, food or health care), space (time and distance from other people), tabloid (a type of newspaper that has many pictures and short, simple articles that are mainly about crime, disasters and famous people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.