Harvey Weinstein Scandal – level 2
Harvey Weinstein is a famous film producer and co-founder of the Weinstein Company, which has produced many films. Some of them are Django Unchained, The King’s Speech, and The Imitation Game.
The company recently fired Weinstein after a series of allegations of sexual harassment and sexual assault against him. There are a number of women who are speaking against him and the number is still rising. Most of them are actresses, but also models, directors and designers.
The media is talking a lot about the scandal, and many people are sharing their experiences or opinions. Donald Trump said that he was ‘not at all surprised’ to see that Harvey Weinstein was caught up in a sex scandal.
Difficult words: co-founder (someone who founded – started a company with someone else), allegation (saying that somebody did something), sexual assault (having sex with somebody when he or she does not want to).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos