Hate Speech Online – level 2
People say that Twitter and other social media do nothing when famous people say something hateful online.
Twitter wants to flag hate speech instead of deleting it, and it is thinking how to do this. For example, Twitter can comment on the Tweet. The commentary would explain how the Tweet does not follow Twitter’s rules.
Facebook says that it will ban hate speech from white supremacists early this month.
Difficult words: flag (show that there is something not OK about the tweets), ban (stop something from happening), white supremacist (a person who thinks that white people are better than non-white people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.