Helmets for Cyclists – level 1
In the US, bikes become more popular. The problem is that a lot of people who ride a bike do not wear a helmet. A helmet is very important because it protects a cyclist’s head.
There are very many accidents. Many people die because they hurt their heads. Recently, a lot more cyclists die in crashes with cars. It is very important that cyclists are safe.
An agency says that helmets are necessary for all cyclists in all US states. Currently, it is not necessary that all cyclists wear helmets.
Difficult words: protect (to keep something safe), cyclist (a person who rides a bike), crash (an accident when a car hits another vehicle or a person).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos