History for sale – level 2
Special historic items are on sale from 500 years of important moments in different activities and interests. The items are achievements from many topics and events such as books, music, science, general history, and important historic events.
Some items are a letter from US President Frank D. Roosevelt to the airplane pilot Amelia Earhart, a US flag from the spaceship Apollo 11, unfinished music from Beethoven and Mozart, a page from the Gutenberg Bible, and records from the Enola Gay military airplane. The records explain the event when the Enola Gay dropped the first atomic bomb at Hiroshima, Japan in World War II. The price of the records is $400,000.
Difficult words: Gutenberg Bible (the first book that people make with a machine), Enola Gay (the military airplane that dropped a very strong bomb on Japan and the bomb changed how people do war), atomic bomb (a bomb that is so strong that it kills many people and destroys many places at one time).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.