Hitler’s Fanboy – level 2
Hitler was born in the town of Branau, which is on Austria’s border with Germany. People see a man in front of the house. The local media calls him Hitler’s double. He has a Hitler moustache, hair, and he wears Nazi-era clothing, too.
The man’s name is Harald Zenz, and police brought him to the police station. It is against the law in Austria to glorify the Nazi era, so the police wanted to talk to him.
The owner of the house is in a legal dispute with the Austrian government. The government wants to own the house and change it. The government wants to erase all of the house’s connections with Hitler.
Difficult words: glorify (make something look amazing), legal dispute (an argument/a situation at a court of law), government (the ‘bosses’ of a country).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.