Hitler’s Fanboy – level 3
People saw Twenty-six-year-old Harald Zenz in front of the house where Hitler was born in the town of Braunau on Austria’s border with Germany. The house itself is the object of a legal dispute between its owner and the Austrian government which wants to take possession and remodel it to erase all associations with the dictator.
Harald Zenz sported a Hitler moustache and had his hair combed in the style of the führer and he was dressed in Nazi-era regalia.
Austrian police say that they have detained Mr. Zenz for possible violations of laws against glorifying the Nazi era. Local media described Mr. Zenz as Hitler’s double.
Difficult words: dispute (a disagreement, an argument), führer (a leader in German), regalia (clothing typical for a certain time period), detain (if you are detained, the police ask you a few questions and may or may not arrest you), double (someone who looks exactly like someone else).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.