Home School Tips – level 1
The coronavirus is in many countries. Children cannot go to school. They stay at home. They learn with their parents. Parents have a new job. They are substitute teachers. They are the teachers for their children.
It is a new situation for many parents and children. It can bring many problems. Children cannot see their school friends. Also, children do not understand why they are staying at home.
Parents think that their children must work hard. They do not understand that every child is different. Some children need a lot of time to learn. Experts say that parents must be kind and thoughtful.
Parents can make teaching fun. They can practice with children during common activities that they do together. For example, they can practice math during cooking.
It is also important to talk with the school and teachers.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.