Homeless people and weather – level 2
Reports say that in 2021, almost 700 Americans died because of bad weather. Last year, there were winter storms as well as heatwaves, and they made the lives of homeless people harder.
Experts believe that climate change is the main reason for extreme weather. Homeless people do not have a place to stay when it is either too hot or too cold. Local shelters and churches help homeless people, but it is difficult. These people only know life on the street, and they want to be with other homeless people. Sometimes they do not want to stay in apartments where they are alone or places where they have man rules.
Climate change also makes more people homeless. Experts say that 20 million people worldwide must leave their homes every year because of floods, fires, or storms.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.