Hotel Guests Information – level 1
Marriott is a hotel chain. Marriott has hotels in all of the world. It is a very big company. It has millions of customers.
In January, somebody hacks one of Marriott’s computer systems. Hackers get a lot of information about more than 5 million customers. Marriott sends emails to all of them. Hackers know their names, addresses and phone numbers.
Marriott has some important customers. These customers get more services. Hackers know information about these customers, too. Luckily, hackers do not get information about credit cards and passwords.
In 2018, hackers get into Marriott’s system. They get personal information about almost 500 million guests.
Difficult words: hotel chain (a company that has many hotels in different places), hack (to illegally get into somebody’s computer), hacker (a person who illegally gets into somebody’s computer and steals information from it).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos