House prices during Covid – level 1
House prices in big cities stay at the same level. It is true for New York, London, or Sydney. It is because people can get cheap loans from banks. House prices usually go down during an economic recession but it is not true during Covid.
House prices go higher in nice areas with a lot of space and trees. People want to live there because they think that they can work from home. Now they don’t need a house near the city center.
It’s also true that the prices for people who want to rent an apartment go down. It is good for them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.