House prices during Covid – level 3
It’s really interesting that at the moment we’re seeing the same trends in global cities. It’s the same for New York, London, or Sydney.
Low interest rates everywhere mean that we’re actually seeing house prices really hold up. It’s highly unusual when there’s a global recession, and people expect the house prices to go down, which is not happening.
In the suburbs, we even see bidding wars erupt in areas with trees and more space, as people are thinking that maybe they won’t need to live close to the city center anymore because they won’t have to be in the office full-time ever again.
The prices for people who are renting apartments went down though.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.