How companies store things – level 1
Companies buy and sell materials and parts. Materials and parts are the things that help them make the things that they sell. They always need enough of them.
Companies store a lot of materials and parts. It costs a lot of money. The idea changes in the 1970s in Japan.
Toyota is a company which makes cars. The company uses a new system. It keeps only materials and parts which it needs. Toyota saves a lot of money.
Many companies do the same as Toyota. Then the new idea brings problems. Sometimes material comes late. Sometimes many customers want something at the same time. Companies can do nothing until they get their materials.
A similar situation happens during the coronavirus. Companies all over the world have these problems. They don’t have enough materials. It is a good idea to store some materials and parts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.