How to beat roulette – level 1
Roulette is a game where you can try to guess where the ball will stop. But some people use tricks to know where the ball will go. They check how fast the ball is moving.
Niko Tosa is from Croatia. He learns how to win a lot of money in a casino. He and his friends win 1.3 million pounds in a casino in London. Casinos have to change their machines. It is not so easy to win. The landing pockets are smoother and shallower. The ball bounces more.
During the pandemic, many people start to play roulette online. Some players use special software to predict the game. Casinos use special technology to make it hard to win.
Difficult words: landing pocket (an area on the roulette where the ball lands), bounce (to jump), predict (to say what will happen in the future).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What technology do casinos use to make it hard to win in online roulette games?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos