How to cool cities – level 1
The world is heating. More and more heatwaves happen every year. A heatwave is a long time with hot weather. No rain falls. Heatwaves bring problems to millions of people in all the world.
The weather is too hot in the cities. People have nowhere to hide from the heat. Experts try to make the situation better. They think of methods to cool cities.
Architects builds buildings differently. They let more fresh wind move between them. Also, they make more places with shade.
Also, plants and trees cool cities. People make green roofs on buildings. They make more parks.
In some cities, people paint roofs and roads with lighter colors. They take in less heat from the sun.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.