Hugs Not Walls – level 2
Many people come from Mexico into the US illegally to escape their home country’s problems. They become undocumented and are usually unable to see their families in Mexico again because of the risk of not being able to get back into the US.
An organisation wanted to help these people reunite with their families, so it asked the two governments to open the border temporarily at a spot along a canal between the two countries. People had three minutes to see their family members. The organisation called the event “Hugs Not Walls.”
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.