Hugs Not Walls – level 3
Many undocumented people from Mexico come to the US, but it is difficult for them to ever see their families again in Mexico because if they go back, it can be challenging for them to return to the US.
To help this situation, an organisation asked the two governments to open the border at the Rio Grande Canal between El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico. The leader of the organisation said that these problems were due to a “broken migration system” and he hoped that the event would make people think about the US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s promises to build a wall between the US and Mexico.
The organisation called this event “Hugs Not Walls,” as it was a 3-minute event to open the border and allow families to reunite. It had to be a short event since the border cannot be open for very long.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.