Human mattress dominoes chain – level 1
A company in America sets a new world record. It is the record for the largest human mattress dominoes chain.
1,200 people are in the chain. The full line takes 13 minutes and 38 seconds to get from the beginning to the end.
The company gives the mattresses to poor and homeless people.
Difficult words: mattress (the soft mat on your bed that you sleep on), dominoes (a game), chain (a line).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.