Human teeth in a statue – level 2
Experts from Mexico’s National School x-rayed an 18th century statue of Christ. They discovered that it contained real human teeth.
Usually, people made teeth and nails in statues from animal bones, and they rarely used human teeth.
In the 18th century, people often donated human hair and clothes to statues. Artists used these things to give statues realistic looks.
Difficult words: x-ray (take picture with x-ray which lets you see through things), contain (have inside), donate (give).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Are you a teacher? Download the exercises for your class here. They are for free. You can copy them and use them in your class.
What do you believe in?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.