Ice Cream Business – level 1
Nestlé is a Swiss multinational food and drink company. It is the largest food company in the world.
The company also makes ice cream. In recent years, its ice cream business in the US is not very successful. Nestlé decides to sell its US ice cream business to a company called Foneri.
Foneri is one of the largest ice cream producers in the world. It wants to buy Nestlé next year for $4 billion dollars. It is a big deal. Nestlé hopes that its ice cream business can grow again.
Americans eat about 23 pounds of ice cream every year. This is the highest number for one person in the world.
Difficult words: multinational (with businesses in many countries in the world), successful (with good results), producer (a person or a company that makes things and sells them).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos