Ice in Greenland – level 3
A heat wave which smothered Europe later moved over Greenland. The island country is covered almost entirely in ice, and nearly 57% of that ice sheet reportedly showed signs of melt on Wednesday, June 31st.
More than 11 billion tons of ice reportedly went into the ocean that day alone, which is roughly equivalent to 4 million Olympic-size swimming pools.
Difficult words: smother (cover), reportedly (according to what some people say), equivalent to (being the same in quantity).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos