India and China Fight – level 1
India and China are neighboring countries. It means that they are next to each other. The border is near India´s Galwan Valley. India and China both want to control the border. It brings many problems.
In 1962, a war is on the border. India and China agree to stop the war. However, they are never happy with the situation.
Two years ago, India and China officials meet. They agree not to fight again.
However, on Monday a big fight starts on the border. Twenty Indian soldiers die. Some soldiers get hurt. It is the biggest fight in the last 40 years.
Many people worry that a war can start. India and China have nuclear bombs. Many people can die if a war starts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.