International Day of Yoga – level 1
Yoga is a practice from ancient India. People do yoga to be fit and to relax.
June 21st is the International Day of Yoga. June 21st is also the summer solstice. It is the day that is the longest in the northern hemisphere.
Millions of people celebrate on Yoga Day. India’s Prime Minister does yoga, too. Thousands of people exercise with him.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.