International Yoga Day is here – level 3
A world leader doing yoga – not your average sight!
The Indian Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, showed he wasn’t afraid to get downward dog and dirty as he joined thousands to partake in International Yoga Day. Stretching and flexing, the Prime Minister along with 30,000 other participants showed that he practises what he preaches.
Modi called on the world to embrace yoga, saying it helps people connect with themselves, know themselves better and help boost their potential. He said that nowhere in the world is health insurance available on a zero budget, but yoga is one thing which provides health assurance on a zero budget.
And even the United Nations are taking the practice seriously. In 2014, it declared June 21st as the International Day of Yoga. And this year marks the second official International Yoga Day.
Participants at this gathering proved that anyone could practise the discipline – even 65-year-old heads of state.
Difficult words: preach (teach, say good things about something), embrace (accept something, like it), boost (increase), assurance (when someone or something helps you know that everything will be okay), gathering (a meeting).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.