Internet in Ethiopia – level 2
The Internet was down for a week in Ethiopia and people restored it last Tuesday. The country’s service provider said that it would credit people who did not have Internet. It also said that the state lost around $17 million.
People do not known why the Internet went down. Some think that someone turned it off to stop students from cheating on national exams.
This also has happened before. In 2018, there was no Internet for months in areas of Ethiopia where people were protesting.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.