Internet in Kashmir – level 1
Kashmir is a part of India. It has different rules than India. Many Muslims live there.
In August 2019, India cancels Kashmir´s special rules. Many people protest against India. The Indian government wants to solve the situation. India stops Internet in Kashmir. Some people use private networks.
Now, the Internet is working again. It works until March 17. People can use all Internet services and social media sites. It is a step to a better situation in Kashmir.
In the past, India has a plan to support Kashmir’s economy. India takes Kashmir and makes it a part of its country. However, the plan does not work very well. It costs a lot of money.
Difficult words: private network (Internet that belongs to a person or a group of people and not a government or a company), social media (websites and apps when people share information), support (to help).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.