Internet Law in Australia – level 1
Last month, there is a terrorist attack in New Zealand. A man shoots at people. Fifty people die. He films the situation. Everyone can see it on the Internet.
The Australian parliament does not like this. It thinks that videos like this must not be on the Internet. It says ‘yes’ to a new law. This law says that companies like Facebook or Twitter must take down videos like this.
If the companies do not, they must pay money. This can be 7.5 million dollars or more. The people who work at the Internet company can even go to prison.
Difficult words: parliament (a government), law (an official document which say what somebody can and must not do), take down (stop).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos