Interpol Wants Nissan Chairman – level 2
The International police, Interpol, is looking for a past chairman of the company Nissan named Carlos Ghosn. Ghosn was under house arrest in Japan because of financial problems, but he escaped to Lebanon.
Interpol sent a Red Notice to Lebanon, which is a request to arrest a person who committed a crime. Local authorities can arrest this person and return him or her to the country where he or she committed the crime.
Lebanon wants to respect the notice, but Ghosn came to Lebanon with a legal passport, so Lebanon does not have any charges against him.
Turkish police arrested several people to find out how Ghosn escaped to Lebanon because he got there through Turkey.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.