Iran Kills Protesters – level 1
There are protests in Iran. The Iranian people are very angry because the Iranian government increases gas prices by 300 percent.
Reports say that Iran kills more than 1,000 people during the protests. The Iranian government stops the Internet. It stops news agencies that report about the protests.
US officials want some evidence about the protests. They ask the Iranian people to send photos and videos. The US supports the Iranian people. It wants to help them.
The US says that Iran hurts thousands of people. It says that more than 7,000 people are in prison. The US officials ask the Iranian government to free them.
Difficult words: increase (to make higher), support (to help), free (to let out from prison).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos