Iran Nuclear Program – level 1
The Iranian government makes an agreement with other countries. It says that it will not work on nuclear weapons. Other countries also put sanctions on Iran. In 2018, the US government leaves the agreement.
Last year, Iran works on its nuclear program. It is not supposed to do this. Iran says that it needs help from the sanctions. It says that it is going to work on its program even more if it does not get help.
Recently, the US kills an important Iranian military leader. People are worried. Iran may want to make a nuclear weapon because of this. However, Iran does not have enough supplies to do this yet.
Difficult words: agreement (when a person or a group agrees to do something, a deal), nuclear (a type of power that is very strong), sanctions (rules on a country that make it hard for the country to do work).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.