Iranian women remove hijabs – level 2
Last week, Iranian police arrested 22-year-old Mahsa Amini. Police said that the woman wasn’t wearing her hijab properly, and some hair was visible.
Police took Mahsa to the police station, where she collapsed. She died in hospital three days later. Officials said that the woman had a heart attack, but some people said that she had serious head injuries because the police beat her.
The incident started big protests in Iran. Many women took off their hijabs, which is something nobody could imagine. The Iranian law is very strict, and women must wear hijabs and loose clothes. Human rights groups said that at least 31 people have already died in the protests.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.