Iron Man gives a boy a bionic arm – level 2
A group of people started to make free 3D printed bionic arms for kids. The group gave a bionic arm to a seven-year-old boy who was born with a partially developed arm.
But it was not just about what the group gave the boy, but who gave it to him – Robert Downey Jr, the man who plays Iron Man. The boy was a bit star-struck when he met his idol, but soon they started talking.
The boy’s bionic arm looks a lot like Iron Man’s arm. Cool, isn’t it?
Difficult words: bionic (electromechanical), partially developed (when something is not complete), star-struck (fascinated by a famous person).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.