Is there a ghost?! – level 2
A security camera captured something strange at a theatre in England. A chair moved on its own.
Could this be evidence of ghosts? It is also weird that a psychic medium visited the theatre earlier that night. Did he summon a ghost and forgot to put it back? We simply don’t know. However, the theatre manager said that a lot of weird things happen at this theatre.
Difficult words: evidence (proof), weird (strange), psychic medium (person who says that he or she can communicate with dead people), summon (order someone to be present).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you believe in ghosts?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos