Israel on the Moon – level 1
Israel is flying to the moon. It uses a Falcon 9 SpaceX rocket. This is not a very big rocket. The trip will take long. It will take 1,5 months.
The probe will go to the moon on 11 April. It is small. It is only 585 kilograms heavy. It is just a machine. No one is inside it.
Israel does this to inspire young people. They want more people to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
Difficult words: will (in the future), probe (a machine which people send to space and has no people in it), engineering (designing, making machines and things).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos